Faculty of Pedagogics and Psychology
Dean: Volodymyr Myroslavovych Chaika, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, ProfessorVice Deans:Anna Bohdanivna TchaikovskaOksana Tarasivna PysarchukTelephone numbers:- Psychological-pedagogical section: +38 0352 53 39 50- Primary education section: +38 0352 53 36 25Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
History of the Faculty
The Faculty of Pedagogy and Psychology (FPP) was established in 2001 (order # 34, February 27, 2001). The first director of the Institute on a public basis was Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor V. Kravets. The candidate of psychological sciences, associate professor V. Sitkar was selected as the scientific secretary.
Since June 1, 2002 the candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor at the Department of Pedagogy V. Chaika was appointed to the position of Director. In the process of reorganization, on September 1, 2009, two faculties were affiliated with the Faculty of Pedagogy and Psychology: Psychological and Pedagogical, Primary Education.
The Faculty carries out the training of specialists in the following educational and qualification levels:
• Pre-school education (Bachelor and Master)
• Primary education (Bachelor and Master)
• Social work (Bachelor and Master)
Specialization: “Social administration in the community”
Specializations: “Psychologist on the organization of personnel”, “Consultant of psychological-medical-pedagogical consultation”.
-Teacher of psychological disciplines, psychologist-researcher (Master)
• Management of socio-cultural activities (Bachelor)
• Management (Management of educational institutions) (Master)
Head of enterprise, institution and organization (in the field of education and industrial training)
About the Faculty
FPP as educational and scientific unit was created for realization of educational programs of higher professional education in psycho-pedagogical disciplines and organization of research activities in the field of pedagogy and psychology. Subject sections, research laboratories, centers, problem groups became structural units of the FPP.
The main tasks of the Faculty are:
- high-quality psychological and pedagogical training of specialists for the educational system of Ukraine; development and implementation of the concept of psychological and pedagogical training of a teacher of a comprehensive school; scientific and methodological support of the educational process at the Departments of the Faculty;
- conducting pedagogical practices of students of all forms of education at the proper scientific and methodological level; conducting a unified information policy in teaching the disciplines of the psychological-pedagogical cycle, implementing measures to use modern information technologies in the educational process;
- organization and holding of scientific conferences on psychological and pedagogical issues; editing the professional publication “Scientific Notes. Series: Pedagogy”; conducting scientific examining of the results of research work of undergraduate and graduate students, doctoral students;
- preparation of reviews to candidate and doctoral theses, monographs and articles in professional publications; studying, summarizing and disseminating the experience of the best teachers and assisting novice teachers in mastering pedagogical skills; preparation and publication of joint thematic collections of scientific works of teachers and other researchers;
- dissemination and promotion of psychological and pedagogical knowledge, cultural and educational activities among the pedagogical community and the population of the region; retraining of scientific and methodological personnel of higher qualification for universities of I-II accreditation level; organization of a permanent seminar on pedagogy and psychology of higher education for young teachers of higher education institutions of Ternopil;
- assisting the university’s Department of Youth Affairs and academic group supervisors in organizing work among university students.
Educational and scientific work of teachers and students is supported by 4 computer classes, a resource center; there is a Gender Studies Center, a social and psychological service, a research laboratory of the school textbook, Leadership School Laboratory ELITE “Education for Leadership, Intelligence and Talent Development”.
In addition to the Academic Council, there is a Scientific Council at the Faculty, which examines the candidate and doctoral theses. About 35 undergraduates, 45 graduate students, 2 doctoral students study at the departments of the Faculty.
Today there are 6 Departments at the Faculty: Department of Pedagogy and Management of Education, Department of Psychology, Department of Pedagogy and methods of primary and pre-school education, Department of Philological disciplines of primary education, Department of Social pedagogy and social work, Department of practical psychology.
Almost 90 people work at Faculty, including a full member of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Science, Professor. V. P Kravets, 13 Doctors of Sciences, Professors: Chaika V. M., Yankovych O. I. , Kodliuk Y. P., Meshko H. M. , Polishchuk V. A. , Oleksiuk N. S., Petryshyn L. J., Parfanovych I. I., Radchuk H. K. , Kikinezhdi O. M., Kruty K. L. , Orap M. O. , Bodnar O. S. , Soroka O. V. , Onyshkiv Z. M. as well as more than 70 Ph.D.